Something magic happens when a mobile design makes it from the desktop of a designer to the smaller screen of a mobile device. The design comes to life when displayed on it’s intended device. Getting people out of the abstract world of imagining a mobile-sized and configured design and onto the intended device with the actual design is always a good thing. It’s hard to understand a mobile app when viewing it on a laptop. With that in mind, we built the ability to present mobile on mobile into MoreBlu.
HOW MOBILE MAGIC WORKS
Upload your mobile comps:
- click the “Add Collection” button
- select “Mobile” for the collection type
Now comes the fun part:
- click on your new mobile collection
- a QR code appears (it points to your mobile collection)
- scan the QR code with your mobile device (any free QR scanning app will work)
- MoreBlu sends you directly to the mobile collection, on your mobile device, designed at it’s intended size by you for your customer
- Take Mobile Magic for test drive
Aside from being generally fun, viewing mobile comps in context is helpful in a few ways. You can judge fat finger issues, font readability, screen resolution, contextual navigation … pretty much everything that mobile brings to the table is now in front of you and you’ll be better equipped to make intelligent decisions about your design in context.
Or, just check out this video …